Single Site vs Multi-site
Single site certifications are most common for individual industrial and agricultural entities. However, multi-site certifications are also becoming popular where water stewardship efforts are easily enhanced by combined actions by a group of interested stakeholders belonging to the same catchment. This is especially true for agricultural sites such as farmlands on the same basin.
Core vs Gold vs Platinum Levels
The most fundamental certification level for AWS Standard 2.0 is Core Certification which is achieved when all Indicators have been fulfilled. To obtain advance and more prestigious certification levels of Gold and Platinum, a site will fulfil Advanced Indicators that do not require mandatory compliance. This reflects a site's commitment to benchmarking and continuous process improvement.
Industrial and Agricultural Sectors
Some industrial sectors are acting as leaders for water sustainability because they have rapidly growing number of sites which are actively seeking AWS Certifications. Recently, there have been updates from the agricultural sector where AWS is gaining popularity.
The Industrial and Agricultural Sectors Indicated on Map Are:
- Food and Beverage Production
- Electronics and Semi Conductors
- Agriculture (plant products)
- Agriculture (animal products)
- Chemicals & Other Materials Production
- Telecommunications Services (including wireless)
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
- Textiles, Apparels and Luxury Goods Production
- Metals & Mining
- Paper and Forest Production
- Professional Services, Software, Real Estate and Financial Institutions